In November, the FireReady App will be updated and replaced by the new VicEmergency app. This transition will take place automatically when the app is next updated. New users will be able to download VicEmergency from the App Store or Google Play.
The new VicEmergency app will align with the VicEmergency website to provide timely information about all emergencies. This will include warnings for fires, floods, storms, earthquake, tsunamis and water safety and even shark sightings.
The VicEmergency app will bring together emergency information and warnings from agencies including:
- Country Fire Authority
- Department of Economic Development and Transport and Resources
- Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Life Saving Victoria
- Metropolitan Fire Brigade
- Victoria State Emergency Service.