The township of Brim is a prosperous agricultural community between Warracknabeal and Beulah. Brim owes its origins to the arrival of the early pastoralists in the mid 1800’s who were following the course of the Yarriambiack Creek as it flowed north to Lake Corrong near Hopetoun.
Brim gets its name from the Aboriginal word for “spring or well of water”. Remnants of the evidence of early settlement can still be seen including the solitary grave of James Simson, formerly a Commander in the Honourable East India Company Service, who died in 1858 as a result of being gored by a bullock. Located in Simson Street, this is the only defined grave left of the Brim Station Cemetery.
The weir constructed across the Yarriambiack Creek at Brim has created attractive recreation areas with powered camping sites available.