The township of Beulah is a prosperous agricultural community between Hopetoun and Brim. Beulah owes its origins to the arrival of the early pastoralists in the mid 1800’s who were following the course of the Yarriambiack Creek as it flowed north to Lake Corrong near Hopetoun.
The weir constructed across the Yarriambiack Creek at Beulah has created attractive recreation areas with powered camping sites available.
In the early 1880’s, swarms of rabbits invaded the area and in 1885, the vermin proof fence was erected along the 36th parallel from the Murray River to the South Australian border. The objective was to stop the rabbits invading the Mallee from the south and to keep the dingoes to the north. A small section of fence remains as a monument and can be seen on the Henty Highway just south of Beulah.