This page outlines the dates for payment of rates, locations, and options for payment.

Payment of Council Rates in Full by 15 February each year

Ratepayers are reminded that the final date for payment of Council Rates in full is 15 February each year.

Payment can be made at Council’s offices located in Hopetoun and Warracknabeal, Australia Post Offices, POSTbillpay, BPAY or by mail to Yarriambiack Shire Council, PO Box 243, Warracknabeal VIC 3393.

Ratepayers that have elected to pay their rates by instalments are reminded that there has been an extension due to the rates notice distribution delay. Ratepayers can be the first installment by 30 October 2021.

All rates not paid by the respective due dates will be charged interest at the rate of 10% on and from the date which each missed instalment was due.

If you think you may have difficulty paying your rates, please contact Council on 5398 0127 immediately to discuss more suitable methods of payment.

Update Your Contact Details

Click here to update your details with Council.

Who to Contact

For Rate and Property, Valuation queries contact the Revenue Co-ordinator  Tel: 03 5398 0127

Payment of Rates

Payment can be made at the Warracknabeal and Hopetoun Offices, at any Australia Post Office, via Australia POSTbillpay or by BPAY.

Rates can either be paid in full by 15th February each year or by 4 quarterly installments – 30th September, 30th November, 28th February, and 31st May.

Payment Methods

  • Cheque, Cash or Eftpos – Warracknabeal and Hopetoun
  • Credit Card over the Telephone – Warracknabeal
  • Australia Post Offices
  • Australia POSTbillpay – www.postbillpay.com.au
  • BPAY
  • BPAYView


The Valuer-General Victoria is responsible for valuations that are used to calculate your yearly rates total. These valuations are now undertaken annually to more accurately reflect changes to your property values. Valuations are effective as of the 1 January each year – in accordance with the Valuation of Land Act 1960 legislation and the Valuation Best Practice Specifications legislation.

If you wish to lodge an objection to your valuation, please download and complete one of the below forms. Forms can be emailed or posted to Yarriambiack Shire Council, PO Box 243, Warracknabeal VIC 3393.

Residential Objection Form

Rural Objection Form

Commercial/Industrial Objection Form

Non-Rateable Objection Form

Objections to valuation can also be lodged electronically using the rating valuation objection portal.

Objections must be received by Council within 2 months of the date of issue as printed on the rate and valuation notice. This date is determined by legislation and the Council cannot extend this date.

Making an initial inquiry prior to lodging a formal objection could provide a clearer understanding of your valuation without going through the objection process.

A change of address should be made in writing to Council’s Revenue Co-ordinator.

Change of Property Ownership

To ensure that Council records remain accurate and comply with legislation, any change of ownership of a property through sale or transfer must be notified in writing to the Council’s Revenue Co-ordinator.