After a Planning Permit is Issued
Complying with Planning Permit Conditions
You must comply with all of the Permit Conditions issued on a Planning Permit. Check the conditions very carefully and note any that must be complied with before the use or development commences. For example, amended plans may be required, or there may be a condition requiring a landscape plan to be prepared and approved by Council.
Please note that if you wish to amend the Plans or Conditions of a Permit you will need to apply to Council for an Amendment to your Permit, which will be assessed accordingly.
Amending a Planning Permit
Sometimes, once a planning permit is issued, you may wish to make minor changes to this permit or the plans endorsed as part of that permit.
This may be possible, however you will need to submit an ‘Application to Amend a Planning Permit’.
Applications for amending planning permits must be submitted on the relevant application form together with the following:
• Application to Amend a Planning Permit Form
• Relevant Amendment Fee, please contact the Planning Department prior to lodging your request
• A current copy of title
• A submission detailing what changes are proposed to the planning permit and/or endorsed plans and why they are required
• 3 copies of any amended plans for endorsement. These must be in scale 1:100 or 1:200. A copy of the plans in A3 size must also be provided.
Extending a planning permit
Planning Permits, once issued, has a limited lifespan. An extension may be applied for up to three months after the Permit expiry date.
Applications for extending Planning Permits must be submitted on the relevant application form together with the following.
A submission outlining reasons why you have not acted on the permit within the prescribed time.
• Extension Request Fee, please contact the Planning Department prior to lodging your request
• Application to Extend a Planning Permit Form