Volunteer Drivers – Patient Transport
Yarriambiack Shire Council strives to provide a cost-effective transport system to vulnerable residents in the Shire community through the engagement of volunteer drivers and assistants.
We’re looking for compassionate community members to join our team of volunteers to assist in the Patient Transport Program.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Drive service users to medical appointments as agreed with the Coordinator.
- Be responsible for the welfare, comfort and safety of service users from their homes to their destination and return.
- Promote safety by following organizational OHS requirements and guidelines.
- Communicate respectfully with all individuals including service users, representatives, staff and community.
- Contribute to continuous improvements in meetings, planning days and feedback avenues.
- Participate in education and training opportunities.
- Be available for your rostered day and time.
- Arrive at pick up and drop off times as required by staff and clients.
- Report to the Coordinator of Volunteer Drivers – Patient Transport with any/all questions, concerns etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A current Victorian driver licence is essential.
- Satisfactory National Police Records check.
- Working with Children Check.
Applications can be directed to Council’s Manager Organisational Performance on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enquiries about Patient Transport Volunteer Driving can be made to Council’s Director Community Development and Wellbeing on (03) 5398 0100.