Truck Driver – Hopetoun (Full Time)
Council is looking for an experienced Truck Driver to join the team at Hopetoun. The Truck Driver will undertake duties in support of Council’s operations in construction and maintenance and to operate plant in a safe and efficient manner.
SPECIALIST SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- The ability and possession of appropriate current licence to responsibly operate a truck of above 22400 kg GCM to recognised standards of those set by the works supervisor or nominated representative.
- The ability to maintain plant to recognised standards or those set by the Supervisor or nominated representative.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Appropriate current licence to operate nominated truck.
Traffic Management Certificate (Roadworks).
Satisfactory Police Check.
Relevant experience in operation of truck for construction and maintenance purposes.
First Aid Certificate (Level 1).
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Current HC truck licence
- Experience trucking activities – Carting gravel experience preferred
- Experience in operating heavy plant and basic plant maintenance
- Experience in town maintenance activities
- Familiar with OH&S practices in the workplace
- Good communication skills written and verbal
- Able to work as part of a team as well as alone when required
Job Benefits :
- Fortnightly RDOs
- 4 weeks annual leave
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- 13 days of sick leave annually
- 13 weeks of long service leaves after 10 years of continuous service
Applications must be submitted via Happy HR and address the above key selection criteria. Applications close 29 October 2021.