Pool Lifeguards – Hopetoun Pool (Casual)
Council is looking for three (3) x Pools Lifeguard for the Hopetoun Pool for the upcoming summer season.
The successful applicants will coordinate the Operation of a minor swimming pool facility ensuring high standards of safety and effective supervision of all patrons whilst enforcing pool rules.
SPECIALIST SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Well-developed communication and written skills.
- Ability to prioritise daily routine functions to coordinate with specific allocated tasks.
- An understanding of the relevant technology, procedures and process used within a unit.
- Must be able to swim 200m in under 6 minutes, and retrieve a block by duck diver from the bottom of a swimming pool (at 3 metre depth)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Pool Lifeguard Certificate
- Level 2 First Aid and CPR
- Working with Children Check
- Current Drivers Licence
- Access to transport to work at different locations
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Ability to safely operate water treatment equipment used in swimming pool operations and demonstrated knowledge of water treatment principles.
- Previous experience in manual handling.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Must be able to swim 200m in under 6 minutes, and retrieve a block by duck dive from the bottom of pool (3 metre depth).
- Current satisfactory Working with Children Check, Level 2 First Aid, Pool Lifeguard, Medical, Chemical Handling and Driver’s Licence or willing to obtain.
- Pool Lifeguard Certificate – funded by YSC
Job Benefits :
- Life-guarding is a wonderful summer position , giving you the opportunity to learn skills that you can use in and out of the workplace and carry with you for life.
- Provides an opportunity to Work as part of a team.
- Provides high level of interaction with Community Members.
- Ability to work outdoors during summer months.
- Yarriambiack Shire Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of workplace diversity.
Applications must be submitted via Happy HR and address the key selection criteria. Applications have been extended and now close on 31 October 2021.