People and Safety Officer – Warracknabeal (Full-Time)
Council is seeking to appoint a full-time People and Safety Officer to lead the implementation and ongoing management of the Council’s Occupational Health and Safety compliance processes.
This position will work in conjunction with the Extended Leadership Team (ELT) to promote a safe and healthy working environment for staff, contractors, Councillors and members of the public. The position will be responsible for the on-going development, implementation, and associated administration of Our Council’s Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS), programs, policies, procedures, and practices at a level that complies with legislative requirements and best practice guidance.
Qualiﬁcations and Experience
- A tertiary qualification in Occupational Health & Safety (or related discipline) and relevant experience working hands-on in an Occupational Health and Safety environment; or substantial relevant experience working hands-on in an Occupational Health and Safety role in industrial environments such as construction, waste, transport, civil, maintenance or vehicle workshops.
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment an advantage but not essential.
- ICAM or similar, Incident Investigation Training, an advantage but not essential.
- Auditor AS/NZS4801 qualifications, an advantage but not essential.
- Construction Induction Card, an advantage but not essential.
- Current valid Victorian Driver’s Licence; and
- Experience in conducting hazard identification, risk assessments, and safety audits, gained in a construction or industrial environment.
Key Selection Criteria
Key Selection Criteria must be met; however, reference will also be made to other listed skills, knowledge, and attributes as required in the Position Description.
- A tertiary qualiﬁcation in Occupational Health & Safety (or related discipline) and relevant experience working hands-on in an Occupational Health & Safety environment; or substantial relevant experience working hands-on in an Occupational Health and Safety environment.
- Well-developed communication skills and the ability to work constructively with management, team leaders, and staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in providing specialist advice on OHS legislation, policies, and procedures to a diverse range of services.
- Demonstrated knowledge in risk assessment, the development of Safe Work Method Statements and work plans.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and monitoring Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and relevant Safety Management Plans.
- Well-developed reporting writing and analytical skills to produce reports to management,
Applications must be submitted via: https://happyhr.com/dt/index.html#/find-jobs/294. Applications close on Wednesday 3 March 2021.