You might have heard the term ‘Social Distancing’ being used to prevent the spread of COVID-19 here’s what it means.
- Keep a 1.5m distance from other people in public spaces
- Avoid face to face contact for more than 15 minutes or sharing an enclosed space for more than two hours.
- Avoid shaking hands and close contact with others.
- Cancel non-essential travel and events with more than 500 people.
- * Cancel non-essential indoor gatherings of 100 people or more (including staff)
- Encourage flexible working arrangements including working from home and of-peak travel.
- Pay by card to avoid handling cash if possible.
* The 100+ ban does not apply to essential activities such as public transportation facilities, medical and health care facilities, pharmacies, emergency service facilities, correctional facilities, food markets, supermarkets.
For the latest COVID-19 public health information please visit www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus