It is not certain how long COVID-19 survives on surfaces so it’s important to clean frequently.
Here’s what you can do around the home to protect yourself against COVID-19:
- Frequently clean high-touch items like light switches, door handles, car steering wheels and dashboards, taps, hand rails and toilet flushers.
- Frequently clean hand-held items like phones, remote controls, video game controllers and keyboards.
- Regularly clean kids’ toys
- Use a disinfectant with a minimum of 60% alcohol
- Clean surfaces with hot soapy water and let them dry before using a disinfectant
- Use disinfectants as per manufacturer’s instructions.
For the latest COVID-19 public health information please visit www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus