2021 Community Engagement Sessions
Yarriambiack Shire Council invites all residents across the shire to attend a Community Engagement Session to discuss the future needs of their town. The Community Engagement Sessions are the first activity in the extensive process of developing the 2021 – 2024 Council Plan.
The 2021 – 2024 Council Plan will include:
- A community vision for the next 10 years: in 2031, what does your town look like, who lives here, what services and infrastructure are needed?
- A strategic plan to work towards for the next 4 years: What can we do by 2024 to achieve these community goals?
- A financially stable budget plan for the next 10 years: How do we best use Council funds to achieve these goals? What grants and alternative funding opportunities are required?
- An Asset Management Plan: We need to plan for maintenance as well as new projects. How do we balance this over time?
This is your opportunity to tell Council what your community needs!
Councillors and Council staff will visit each town to discuss the future needs of each community, including areas such as roads and infrastructure, sport and recreation, economic development and tourism and family and health services.
These forums will assist Council in making informed decisions about the next 10 years for each of our communities. It is important to us that we engage with all members of the community during this process. Tier 1 sessions are a general forum covering all aspects of Council and community. Tier 2 sessions will include specific discussions with Councillors and the extended Senior Leadership Team on 5 areas:
- Roads and Infrastructure
- Family and Health
- Economic Development And Tourism
- Sport and Recreation
- Council Services
In addition to the community engagement sessions there has been a survey developed to obtain additional information. The survey is available here or at the Customer Service Office. A copy of the survey, as well as a flier detailing the community sessions has been distributed via Australia Post.
For enquiries regarding the sessions please contact Director Community Development and Wellbeing Mr Gavin Blinman on (03) 5398 0131 or email email@example.com.