Swimming Pools, Spa & Safety Fencing
The following is the minimum information that is required to be submitted for a building permit application.
Whilst the information required might seem excessive, please note that it is the Relevant Building Surveyors (RBS) responsibility to ensure that the application contains sufficient information to determine compliance with the Building Act and Regulations. It is not appropriate for the RBS to “mark-up” plans or accept notes on plans that are too general.
Where the RBS is not satisfied that the appropriate information has been provided they must not issue the building permit and should request further information.
Have you checked with the relevant officers if you require a Planning Approval? (Note: where a planning approval is required, a building permit cannot be issued until the Planning Approval has been received).
- Completed application form (Form 1) signed & dated.
- Copy of Certificate of Title.
- Property ownership evidence (copy of contract sale, Council Rate Notice).
- Owner Builder declaration for domestic building work exceeding $5,000 in value.
- Owner Builders – A Certificate of consent from the Building Practitioners Board to act as an owner builder if the value of work exceeds $16,000.
- Registered Builders Only – A Certificate of Insurance under the Domestic Building Contracts Act for domestic building work exceeding $16,000 in value, constructed by Registered Building Practitioners.
- Engineered Buildings Only – A Current Certificate of Compliance – Design, in accordance with Regulation 1507 and associated computations for steel & timber components outside of the design limits of recognized span tables.
- 3 copies of drawings showing the plan at each floor level adjoining the pool, the sizes and locations of structural members to a scale of not less than 1:100, as detailed below:
- Elevation Plan – showing detail so of the safety fencing including the height, location, gates and their latch fittings.
- Floor Plan – fully dimensioned and labeled floor plan (adjacent to the pool) including, safety fencing location, room sizes, total floor areas, window/door sizes.
- Structural – Fully dimensioned and labeled footing construction plan including reinforcement.
- 3 Copies of site plan to a scale of not less than 1:500 or other appropriate scale showing the following information:
- the boundaries and dimensions of the allotment and any relevant easements
- the position and dimensions of the proposed building and its relationship to
- i)the boundaries of the allotment; and
ii)any existing building on the allotment; and
- the layout of the proposed drains to the point of discharge on the allotment.
- the location, dimensions and area of impermeable surfaces covering the allotment (ie concrete, paving, driveways, etc).
- A statement of the use or intended use of all buildings shown on site plan.