SHARE Community Grants
The Yarriambiack Shire Council SHARE (SUSTAINABLE HEALTHY ADAPTABLE RESILIENT ENGAGED) Program is a community planning process established in 2010 to assist communities to:
- Develop Community Action Plans
- Promote individual projects for prospective funding and support
- Coordinate and plan for future infrastructure and service needs
- Build relationships and connections with stakeholders and other communities in times of significant change
The SHARE program will hopefully also see community members build skills, knowledge and develop and enhance optimistic attitudes through active involvement in their community projects while enhancing Council's capacity to facilitate community ownership and involvement.
- Total pool of $20,000 for this current round
- All applications will be considered but not necessarily funded by the Council
- Depending on the amount of applications, the full amount of funding requested by an individual group may not be supported
- Maximum funding per organisation $3,000
WHAT do we want to fund?
- Projects that may not fit with other funding opportunities
- Seed funding for larger projects
- Small equipment (Eg. kitchen utensils, hockey sticks, BBQ, shade sail)
- Projects that encourage communities to work together and share equipment with other groups and organisations
- Projects that are innovative and creative
- Projects that promote and encourage safe practices and healthy living
- Activities for everyone in the community, including young people, older people, people of all abilities, people from different backgrounds
- Activities that celebrate community and local identity
- Projects that focus on our environment and sustainability
- Projects that generate tourism and visitors to the region
What we won't fund?
- Retrospective funding - something you have already completed
- Prizes, raffles
- Ongoing maintenance or running costs
Who won't we fund?
- An individual
- Any group without Public Liability Insurance
- Previous grant recipients who have not completed the intended project
- Late or incomplete applications
- Organisations who have received funding in the previous round
Friday August 11 2017
Application must be received by 5.00pm Friday September 22 2017. Notification of successful and unsuccessful grants November 2017.
Applications are to be forwarded to:
Chief Executive Officer
Yarriambiack Shire Council
PO Box 243
WARRACKNABEAL VIC 3393
For further information, please contact Community Development Officer, Marianne Ferguson on 03 5398 0121 or email email@example.com.