Supported Playgroup Facilitator
Part time - 2.5 days per week (0.5EFT) Limited Tenure to 30 June 2021
Band 5 - Pay Rate of $33.52 per hour
Warracknabeal, Murtoa and Outreach
An exciting opportunity exists to deliver the Supported Playgroup program to families and children in the Yarriambiack Shire Council. The Supported Playgroup Facilitator role sits within the Community Services and Development team.
This new role requires a highly motivated self-starter, with integrity, strong problem solving and initiative, strong group facilitation and client engagement skills, who can lead this targeted service response to improve support and wellbeing outcomes for children and families.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Plan and deliver supported playgroups, including utilising the In-Home sessions model
- Support and advocate positive parenting and behaviour and guidance strategies.
- Provide high quality learning opportunities for children through the supported playgroups
- Develop relationships with key local stakeholders and referral sources to develop referral pathways for vulnerable families.
- Undertake transition planning with families to link them into relevant early year's services, community playgroups and other community services
- Maintain accurate records of the Supported Playgroup program and assist in the collection of data and statistics relevant to the service and the FYC department.
We offer excellent training and development opportunities and generous staff benefits including flexible working conditions, paid parental leave, social activities and a comprehensive health and wellbeing program.
A copy of the position description and further information can be obtained from Bernardine Schilling tel 53980104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Monday 19 March 2018 and should be addressed to Ray Campling, CEO, Yarriambiack Shire Council, PO Box 243, Warracknabeal VIC 3393.
Any other enquiries can be directed to Gavin Blinman on tel. 5398 0131
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we encourage both female and males to apply.