Pets for Re-Housing
Many animals re-housed from the pound make excellent pets.
Before deciding to make one of these animals a member of your family, please consider the following important factors:
- Do you have time to exercise, groom, train and play with a pet?
- Will you have enough money to provide food, shelter and veterinary care for your pet?
- Who will look after your pet when you are away?
- Do you rent and are you permitted to have pets?
- Is your property large enough for a pet?
- What hours do you work and will your pet have company during the day?
- If buying a puppy or kitten do you have someone to look after it during the day?
- Do you have suitable fencing and/or enclosures for your pet?
- If you're buying a cat, are you prepared to have it inside at night time?
- Will your new pet get along with your other animals?
For further details on any of the animals which are now available, please contact Local Laws Officer Craig Byron on 0428 591 980.
Current Pets for Re-Housing